Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lm_i
Helper II
Helper II

Measures do not update after dataset has been refreshed

Hello,

I have added new data to my excel sheet, when Power BI Desktop has been refreshed the additional data loads. However, the measures I have created are not being done on the new data but are only being calculated for the data that previously existed.

For example.. if Items 1-20 existed and now there is a Item 21, the measures will not be calculated for this new Item 21.

Thank you in advance for any insight!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lm_i
Helper II
Helper II

I figured it out! I had a filter applied on all pages that was causing the measure values to show as blank.

I have taken it as a lesson to check all filters!!

@v-shex-msft  and @mahoneypat  I would just like to say thank you for time and efforts.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
lm_i
Helper II
Helper II

I figured it out! I had a filter applied on all pages that was causing the measure values to show as blank.

I have taken it as a lesson to check all filters!!

@v-shex-msft  and @mahoneypat  I would just like to say thank you for time and efforts.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lm_i,

I test with some sample data but I can't reproduce your issue on my side. Can you please share a pbix file with the dummy data and formulas to test?

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

@v-shex-msft  firstly, thank you for your response.

I am not currently able to create dummy data but will as soon as I can (time and job constraints).

lm_i
Helper II
Helper II

Adding a screenshot to support explanation (sensitive data blocked out).

Where there are blank spaces would be the new items, where there are calculations would be the previously existing items.

InkedPbipic_LI.jpg

A couple ideas to consider

- after you hit the Refresh button, do you see the query/table being refreshed in the pop-up window?  if not, maybe load is disabled in the query editor

- after refresh, do you see the new data in the Data View (2nd icon down on left hand side where you can view table contents)?  If so, maybe there is a filter on the Report View you need to clear that is filtering out new data?

If this works for you, please mark it as the solution.  Kudos are appreciated too.  Please let me know if not.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

@mahoneypat  thank you for your response.
To the suggestions you made, yes to both. The additional data does load into the report however, the measures are not carried out for the new items.  The measures will be carried out on items that existed in the initial data. The measures however, do not calculate over new items in the additional data.

Eg. Item 3 exists in the new and old data so the measures are calculated. Item 21 did not exist in the inital dataset but is in the additional data loaded, it will appear in the table but the measures will not be calculated for it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.