Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ajcde

Measures dependent on Slicers

Is it possible for me to use multiple slicers on a page but only have my measure calculated based on a specific slicer. I want to calculate multiple measures, but each one will be based on a separate slicer on the same page.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@ajcde

You can create a measure with multiple other measures. But, you can't use slicer for each involved measure to make different filter context together in this "complex" measure, unless you fix the context in formula for each measure.

For example, you create measures like below:

Measure A =SUM(Table[Column1])

Measure B =SUM(Table[Column2])

Measure C =SUM(Table[Column3])

Measure Complex = [Measure A] + [Measure B] + [Measure C]

Then you may have Silcer A for Measure A, Slicer B for Measure B, and Slicer C for Measure C, and you have edit the interactions to avoid them affecting each other. When you make selection in Slicer A, B and C, those selections will not be taken to Measure Complex, unless you specify filter context for each of them in formula like:

Measure Complex =
CALCULATE ( [Measure A], FILTER ( Table, Table[Column] = "XXX" ) )
    + CALCULATE ( [Measure B], FILTER ( Table, Table[Column] = "XXX" ) )
    + CALCULATE ( [Measure C], FILTER ( Table, Table[Column] = "XXX" ) )

Regards,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PeterGarant
Helper I
Helper I

Yes you can. If you click on the slicer, then you can edit what it interacts with.

image.png

After you press that you will be able to see the following:

image.png

So here you can choose if the slicer that you have selected should interact with a graph or whatever you have added.

Kind regards

Peter

Right and I have done that for the visualization portion but I want to use the measure again to create a more complex measure that uses multiple measures I previously created. Each measure will be dependent on a different slicer and once I put it into a new calculation it is again being filtered by multiple slicers which I am hoping to avoid.

@ajcde

You can create a measure with multiple other measures. But, you can't use slicer for each involved measure to make different filter context together in this "complex" measure, unless you fix the context in formula for each measure.

For example, you create measures like below:

Measure A =SUM(Table[Column1])

Measure B =SUM(Table[Column2])

Measure C =SUM(Table[Column3])

Measure Complex = [Measure A] + [Measure B] + [Measure C]

Then you may have Silcer A for Measure A, Slicer B for Measure B, and Slicer C for Measure C, and you have edit the interactions to avoid them affecting each other. When you make selection in Slicer A, B and C, those selections will not be taken to Measure Complex, unless you specify filter context for each of them in formula like:

Measure Complex =
CALCULATE ( [Measure A], FILTER ( Table, Table[Column] = "XXX" ) )
    + CALCULATE ( [Measure B], FILTER ( Table, Table[Column] = "XXX" ) )
    + CALCULATE ( [Measure C], FILTER ( Table, Table[Column] = "XXX" ) )

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.