Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cmckinney
Helper IV
Helper IV

Measures applied to a matrix.

Is it possible for a user to create a measure that only uses the information that is currently displayed on a matrix?

4 REPLIES 4
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @cmckinney ,

Measures are based on context, meaning that the results are calculated using the information on the visualizations, filters, slicers and so on.

So the answer to your question is year measures can be created based on information only presented in the matrix.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

@MFelix Thank you for your response.

This confuses me for this reason,

In the following I have a DAX expression that should make it so that the first line in the matrix's flag set to 0, but for some reason it is set to one, and I am not sure why. Is there a problem with my DAX?

Rules 5.png

Hi @cmckinney ,

Just looking at the image you send believe that you don't have the information correctly defined.

The information you are pointing out "Invalid Premises" should give 0? Can you please clarify what is your final result and the wya the calculation should be done?

If you can share a sample file would be great.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

@MFelix 

Here is a sample file. https://www.dropbox.com/s/gsaucwi6iqj1upv/RulesConditionalFormatDummy.pbix?dl=0

The end goal is to plug the measure into a conditional format on the matrix.

The product of the measure should be a 0 , 1 or 2.

1 = If the hashed value has changed from one rule to the next.

2 = If the rule is new

0 = If there is no change and the rule is not new

In the conditional format 1 will be red, 2 will be blue and 0 will remain black.

The first column in the matrix must always remain black. 

Here is a screenshot of the sample file I made. Notice, the second column is blue. It shouldn't be blue because the previous hash value is not blank and has the same hash value from the previously displayed date.

The only two that should be formatted and are formatted correctly are the red 'hashchange' and the blue 'new rule'

cmckinney_0-1600194188510.png

When the 'Combined Test' publish set is selected the colum turns blue. This shouldn't happen because it is the first column in the table. 

cmckinney_2-1600194553140.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.