Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

venkatasuresh_g
Helper III
Helper III

Measure wrong total in Matrix Visual

Hi 

I Ran in to issue with totals in Matrix visual when I hide values in Target row as per user request  when we don't have values in Actuals , I looked up many posts and tried all but it was not working for my scenario , unless I am missing something so I crated a sample pbix with data and visual so that someone can shed some light and help me with it. 

PBIX is exported here 

https://app.box.com/s/2cswfueqhzut8flbll0zp7y45o9o5yqc

Can you please help me fix this issue. 

Thanks 

Suresh 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Gotcha

check this out, here is the solution

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/visual-total-not-matching-sum-of-individual-row/m-p/1183586...

Hope this will help

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

View solution in original post

Hi @venkatasuresh_g ,

You can create another measure based on the measure "Target_Mes" to get total value and put the new measure on the visual to replace the original measure "Target_Mes":

NTarget_Mes = SUMX(VALUES(D_Date[MonthYear]),[Target_Mes])

incorrect total value.JPG

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @venkatasuresh_g 

Can you please better explain your issue! 

I have your sample and in my understanding your are running issue with the dates as your Target and Actual have different days but you are using in your visual only one date from the dimetable. The reason I am saying this is because your Target_mes is using 2 different Tables through their respective dates abd in your visual you are using dates from your Dimdate therfore there is an ambiguity. try to use the date from the target and you will get to see the data from Mars.

Thanks 

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

Hi,

If you see the target Row in bottom Matrix table total is 81 as opposed to 47 , I displayed all the rest of the months in year as user wants to see full year always but user wants to see data only when Actual is available 

Hope this is clear now 

Thanks 

yes it is clear and i just edited my previous reply.

let me know if it is clear for you!

Thanks

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

Hi Aj,

Thanks for your time. 

Even when I use month year from Target table I am not getting the results as expected , Total for Target row is still 81 , I was expecting 47 as I am showing only JAN and FEB month data . When I use Month from Target table it is showing Taregt for MAR as well in the table , which I don't want as I don't have actuals for MAR. 

My problem with is just with total column rest all good. 

Thanks

Suresh 

Hi @venkatasuresh_g ,

You can create another measure based on the measure "Target_Mes" to get total value and put the new measure on the visual to replace the original measure "Target_Mes":

NTarget_Mes = SUMX(VALUES(D_Date[MonthYear]),[Target_Mes])

incorrect total value.JPG

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Aj and Rena 

I created measure using solution from other thread Aj suggested . Thank you both 

Suresh

Gotcha

check this out, here is the solution

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/visual-total-not-matching-sum-of-individual-row/m-p/1183586...

Hope this will help

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.