Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dobregon
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Measure with the list of customer selected in the filter

Hi,

I have a doubt related to filters/slicers. Now i have 3 tables as an example:

1. Table with Customer
  2. Table with markets per customer
  3. Table with values from markets

and the relationship is 1 to 3 and 2 to 3 and i can't change due to this is the form to have single relationship one to one.

The problem is that i want to have a list of metadata from the markets depends of the customer selection. So i have an slicer/filter with the list if customers in order to select 1, 2 or all customers and then the visual need to be filtered but as the 1 and 2 tables doesn't have a direct relationship (exist but there are some options that i can't use).

I'm finding something 2 measures:

- one measure that takes the list of customerids that are filtered.

- final measure that compare the customerids filtered in the slicer (rembmeber table 1) with the customerids in the table 2, in order to filter when they match.

I have the solution when I filter only one customerid, the problem is when i select more than one becasue the measure send me an error becasue it is not a unique value

Is that possible?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)
4 REPLIES 4
tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

Can't you simply by assigning crossfilter direction "Both" on your two relationships? That should make it so that any filtering you do to the customer-table also filters the market-table.

Connect on LinkedIn
dobregon
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

thanks for the reply @tex628  but it can't do that because there isn'ta possible relation. for that i'm trying the otther solutions but i can do only when i filter only one customer, if filter morde than one... big error jaja

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)
tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

Would you mind posting a picture of your table relationships?

Connect on LinkedIn
dobregon
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@tex628 thanks for the reply. I can't do a relationship becasue there are 2 relationship between 3 tables and one doesn't mach becasue has nulls. I will resolve that in my SQL so, the problem will be solved.

But apart of that i'm focused in to find a measure that can make me a list of customers selected in the slicer. I have solved for one using calculate (max(customer[customerid])allselected(customer[customerid]) but when i filtered in the slicer for more than one customer the measure is wrong becasue there is only unique value.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.