Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Measure with "does not contain" and/or "is null"

I am creating a measure within Power BI Desktop.  I want it to distinct count all Work Orders that:

1. Has no "Completed Date"

2. The CUSTVEND[ACCTNO] is blank

3. The [On Hold] measure equals 1

4. The WO_HDR[Partnumber] does not contain the work "kit"

Below is my attempt and it does not work.  Could someone please help.  Thank you!

WO on Hold Count = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(WO_HDR[Work Order#]),WO_HDR_STATUS[COMPLETED_DATE]= blank(),CUSTVEND[ACCTNO]= blank(),[On Hold]=1,WO_HDR[PARTNUMBER]<>'%kit%')

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

Please use the following formula instead, replace tablename with your own table.

WO on Hold Count = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(WO_HDR[Work Order#]),WO_HDR_STATUS[COMPLETED_DATE]= blank(),CUSTVEND[ACCTNO]= blank(),FILTER(tablename,tablename[On Hold]=1), FILTER(WO_HDR, WO_HDR[PARTNUMBER]<>"%kit%"))

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Please change your formula to the following formula and check if it returns expected result. If not, please post the detailed error message and sample data of your scenario.

WO on Hold Count = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(WO_HDR[Work Order#]),WO_HDR_STATUS[COMPLETED_DATE]= blank(),CUSTVEND[ACCTNO]= blank(),[On Hold]=1, FILTER(WO_HDR, WO_HDR[PARTNUMBER]<>"%kit%"))

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure how to post sample data effectively here.  It appears the issue to a True/False expression.

Capture.PNG

Thanks for your help.

Hi @Anonymous,

Please use the following formula instead, replace tablename with your own table.

WO on Hold Count = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(WO_HDR[Work Order#]),WO_HDR_STATUS[COMPLETED_DATE]= blank(),CUSTVEND[ACCTNO]= blank(),FILTER(tablename,tablename[On Hold]=1), FILTER(WO_HDR, WO_HDR[PARTNUMBER]<>"%kit%"))

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfect!  Thank you so much!

Anonymous
Not applicable

'%kit%' is not supported.  You need to use SEARCH or FIND dax funtions, or some flavor of LEFT/RIGHT parsing, etc.

scott@tinylizard.com

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is not working either.  I removed the "kit" portion of the measure and it is still coming up with an error.  I believe the: = blank() is not correct also.

WO on Hold Count = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(WO_HDR[Work Order#]),WO_HDR_STATUS[COMPLETED_DATE]= blank(),CUSTVEND[ACCTNO]= blank(),[On Hold]=1,WO_HDR[PARTNUMBER]<>search("kit",WO_HDR[PARTNUMBER],1))

I'm sure there's a way to do this solely in your measure without adding a calculated column, but adding a column is much easier at my level. I'll keep playing with the DAX solution, or maybe someone else will jump in, but for now...

I'd start by adding a calculated column to determine if "kit" is in your PARTNUMBER.

hasKit.PNG

That easy True/False column can then be used in your measure. In the screenshot below, I've got a plain COUNTROWS formula, and also a measure that counts rows not containing "kit" in the Part Number:

CountKit.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.