Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pstanek
Post Patron
Post Patron

Measure with parameter

Is it possible to create measure with  Parameter.

For example

pcena  = Calculate(
SUM(movement[pcena]);
FILTER(movement; movement[date] >= DATE(2016;3;14) && movement[date] <=DATE(2016;4;30)))

If I want to change dates, I will have to create another measure.

It would be nice to have 

pcena(start,end)  = Calculate(
SUM(movement[pcena]);
FILTER(movement; movement[date] >= start && movement[date] <=end)).

Evaluation would be

pcena(DATE(2016;3;14) ,DATE(2016;4;30)).

4 REPLIES 4
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Pstanek,

According to your description, you need to add parameters to the DAX expression when creating a measure, right?

Based on my research, referencing parameters is currently supported via the Data Source dialogs, Filter Rows, Keep Rows (top/bottom, etc.), Remove Rows (top/bottom, etc.) and Replace Values. So it seems that it is not supported to use a parameter in measure.
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-april-update-feature-summary/

If you have any concern on this feature, you can submit your idea on the link below. If this feature was mentioned by mulitple users, product team will consider to add this feature to next release.
https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@pstanek Easiest thing to do is to drag your [Date] field to either the Visual or Page Level Filter

This way you can change the Date range for only the selected Visualization or the whole page

then click advanced filtering and select the dates from the calendar

Date Filter.png

Nhallquist
Helper V
Helper V

Have you tried using a Slicer for this?  There is a custom Visual that will most likely help you out on this.  You can down load the custom visual here.  To learn more about the Timeline Slicer, you can read about it here

Also, if you want this parameter to only influnce one visual, then you can use the Visual Interactions options to control that as well.

Visual Interactions.GIF

Hope this helps,

Nate

No, I am a beginner. I think It can be usefull. I guess it will only work for time parameters. I am keen to see, if  can be used separatety for each page within the report.

But thanks,  very much.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors