Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rdallimore
Frequent Visitor

Measure with conditions

Hi good people of the community!,

im looking to create a set of measures for my data set so i can capture trend on an ongoing basises inanother table - but im having a little trouble with the measures - effectivly what i want to achieve is:

NewMeasure = DISTINCTCOUNT(from this table[of these things]) WHERE (this table[this column]) value is Equal to "x"

am i right in thinking i should wrap everything in a CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(table&row),CALCUCLATE(SUM(table&row),condition))

any help applreciated

Rich

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @rdallimore

Yes, based on the high level details you have given in the post, yes, you can use CALCULATE function with the DISTINCTCOUNT or SUM along with FILTER() as needed. For example:

CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Sales[Order ID]), FILTER(Sales,Sales[Product ID]=100))

Post more details with sample data if you need exact solution.

Thanks

Raj

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @rdallimore

Yes, based on the high level details you have given in the post, yes, you can use CALCULATE function with the DISTINCTCOUNT or SUM along with FILTER() as needed. For example:

CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Sales[Order ID]), FILTER(Sales,Sales[Product ID]=100))

Post more details with sample data if you need exact solution.

Thanks

Raj

Many thanks Raj - it was the FILTER that i needed.

many thanks

Rich

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.