Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

baijumohan1990
Helper II
Helper II

Measure with Sum using Calculate and IF not showing totals correctly

I am working on a Power BI Report (which is in direct query mode with SSAS tabular model as source). I need to create two measures opening base and closing base with below condition.

opening base should be show value only for the minimum date range chosen by the user in the date slicer.

closing base should be show value only for the maximum date range chosen by the user in the date slicer.

For e.g : if user chooses between may 1, 2020 and may 17,2020 opening base will show value only for may 1, 2020 & closing base show value only for may 17th,2020. For other dates value should be 0 . I have 

Created below measures to get the minimum date of the date slicer.

StartDate = CALCULATE(min(‘DATE’[DATE]),ALLSELECTED(‘DATE’[DATE])) 

OP = if(SELECTEDVALUE(‘DATE’[DATE]) = [StartDate], CALCULATE(sum(MEASUREMENTS[OPENING_BASE_VAL]),DATESBETWEEN(‘DATE’[DATE],[StartDate],[StartDate])),0)

Now i can get the desired output, but the grand-total is become 0 as shown in below picture. any help much appreciated.

Captures.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@baijumohan1990 , Either change if to a filter. Or have a formula like one given below

I have used your existing measure in this

OP new=
sumx(summarize( Date, Date[Date],"_1",[OP]),[_1])

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @baijumohan1990 ,

In general, the measure is like @ amitchandak mentioned, since I'm not certain your dataset, I have created this measure:

OP =
VAR tab =
    SUMMARIZE (
        MEASUREMENTS,
        MEASUREMENTS[Date],
        MEASUREMENTS[OPENING_BASE_VAL],
        "Re",
        VAR _date = MEASUREMENTS[Date]
        RETURN
            IF (
                _date IN FILTERS ( 'Date'[Date] ),
                SUM ( MEASUREMENTS[OPENING_BASE_VAL] ),
            )
    )
RETURN
    SUMX ( tab, [Re] )

result.png

My sample file is attached, please check and refer under your actual situation: Measure with Sum using Calculate and IF not showing totals correctly.pbix 

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@baijumohan1990 , Either change if to a filter. Or have a formula like one given below

I have used your existing measure in this

OP new=
sumx(summarize( Date, Date[Date],"_1",[OP]),[_1])

hi amit,

thanks for your reply. i will try this out. could you plese give an example to replace if with filter? Also in the op_new measure you have created -1 is some placeholder?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.