cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Measure using DIVIDE " Operator or expression '()' is not supported in this context error

%Open = DIVIDE((COUNT('Report'[SEQ]);CALCULATE(COUNT('Report'[SEQ]);FILTER('Report';'Report'[actual] = "Open")))

Operator or expression '()' is not supported in this context error

Get this error in this measure. What im trying to do is get the % of seq that have status open relative to the total so if 300 of the 3000 have open it should give me 10% back

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @Gordonlilj 

Thank you for oyur quick response i managed to solve it with:

%Open = DIVIDE(CALCULATE(COUNT('Report'[SEQ]);FILTER('Report';'Report'[actual] = "Open"));COUNT('Report'[SEQ]))*100

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Gordonlilj
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

It looks like you have one to many brackets so try removing them like i have done below

DIVIDE(COUNT('Report'[SEQ]);CALCULATE(COUNT('Report'[SEQ]);FILTER('Report';'Report'[actual] = "Open"))

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @Gordonlilj 

Thank you for oyur quick response i managed to solve it with:

%Open = DIVIDE(CALCULATE(COUNT('Report'[SEQ]);FILTER('Report';'Report'[actual] = "Open"));COUNT('Report'[SEQ]))*100

View solution in original post

If i understand you correctly you want to show the measure as percentage then you could remove the *100 and go into the modeling tab and click on the percentage symbol. It will convert numbers such as 0.89 to 89%

Capture.PNG

If i understand you correctly you want to show the measure as percentage then you could remove the *100 and go into the modeling tab and click on the percentage symbol. It will convert numbers such as 0.89 to 89%

Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!