cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Measure using DIVIDE " Operator or expression '()' is not supported in this context error

%Open = DIVIDE((COUNT('Report'[SEQ]);CALCULATE(COUNT('Report'[SEQ]);FILTER('Report';'Report'[actual] = "Open")))

Operator or expression '()' is not supported in this context error

Get this error in this measure. What im trying to do is get the % of seq that have status open relative to the total so if 300 of the 3000 have open it should give me 10% back

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @Gordonlilj 

Thank you for oyur quick response i managed to solve it with:

%Open = DIVIDE(CALCULATE(COUNT('Report'[SEQ]);FILTER('Report';'Report'[actual] = "Open"));COUNT('Report'[SEQ]))*100

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Gordonlilj
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

It looks like you have one to many brackets so try removing them like i have done below

DIVIDE(COUNT('Report'[SEQ]);CALCULATE(COUNT('Report'[SEQ]);FILTER('Report';'Report'[actual] = "Open"))

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @Gordonlilj 

Thank you for oyur quick response i managed to solve it with:

%Open = DIVIDE(CALCULATE(COUNT('Report'[SEQ]);FILTER('Report';'Report'[actual] = "Open"));COUNT('Report'[SEQ]))*100

View solution in original post

If i understand you correctly you want to show the measure as percentage then you could remove the *100 and go into the modeling tab and click on the percentage symbol. It will convert numbers such as 0.89 to 89%

Capture.PNG

If i understand you correctly you want to show the measure as percentage then you could remove the *100 and go into the modeling tab and click on the percentage symbol. It will convert numbers such as 0.89 to 89%

Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

November Power BI Update 768x460.png

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2021 Updates!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.