Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Measure total wrong when aggregated from month up to the Quarter

Using this measure works fine at the month level.   But if I roll it up to the Quarter level the totals are not correct.   The "Factor Table" is connected to my date table.  

You can see the rows below in the "50 Factor" column (my measure) definitely do not add up to the total that is shown.   That is what I am trying to fix.  

50 Factor =
[50% Prob Total]
* SUMX (
FILTER ( 'Factor Table', 'Factor Table'[Metric] = "50%" ),
'Factor Table'[Factor %]
)

texmexdragon_2-1648647999178.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AlexisOlson    Hi Alexis   -  Unfortunately that still gives me the same results.   

I did end up with a solution that worked by creating another measure  (which references my original measure).   But yes, ideally I would like to have just one measure, not two.    Here is the new measure which works perfectly at the month level and quarter.     

50 Factor Fix =
SUMX (
SUMMARIZE (
'Sf_Opportunity Line',
'Sf_Opportunity Line'[Opportunity Name_Line],
"50 Factor_", [50 Factor]
),
[50 Factor_]
)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

It seems like a common measure total issue when expression calculates with multiple aggregations. I'd like to suggest you take a look at Greg's blog if it helps with your scenario:

Measure Totals, The Final Word 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

Your measure is essentially computing [50% Prob Total] * SUM ( 'Factor Table'[Factor %] ).

I suspect you want something more like this where [50% Prob Total] is inside the SUMX:

50 Factor =
SUMX (
    VALUES ( 'Factor Table'[Factor %] ),
    [50% Prob Total] * 'Factor Table'[Factor %]
)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AlexisOlson    Hi Alexis   -  Unfortunately that still gives me the same results.   

I did end up with a solution that worked by creating another measure  (which references my original measure).   But yes, ideally I would like to have just one measure, not two.    Here is the new measure which works perfectly at the month level and quarter.     

50 Factor Fix =
SUMX (
SUMMARIZE (
'Sf_Opportunity Line',
'Sf_Opportunity Line'[Opportunity Name_Line],
"50 Factor_", [50 Factor]
),
[50 Factor_]
)

It can be done in one measure but you need to iterate over the appropriate level of granularity (which I couldn't determine from your image).

I think this might work but it's hard to say for sure without having something to test against:

50 Factor Fix =
SUMX (
    VALUES ( 'Sf_Opportunity Line'[Opportunity Name_Line] ),
    [50% Prob Total]
        * CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'Factor Table'[Factor %] ), 'Factor Table'[Metric] = "50%" )
)
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AlexisOlson    Thanks Alexis.   That did not end up working (it still aggregated incorrectly when rolled up to the quarter level).    Just staying with my original "fix" for now.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.