Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nleuck_101
Resolver III
Resolver III

Measure total not affected by a slicer

Hello All,

I could use some help for a measure that is a line in my Line and Clustered column chart. The bar represent Terminations and the Line represents Headcount.

Headcount =
VAR T1 = SUMMARIZE(Table, Column1, Column2, Column3, "Headcount", SUMX(VALUES(Column1, Column1))
RETURN
SUMX(T1, [Headcount])

nleuck_101_0-1659552834099.png

I've a few slicers that I don't mind if they slice the Headcount measure line but I have one slicer that I do not want to slice the Headcount measure. How do I change my Headcount measure formula to not be filter by one of my slicers?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Kaly 

I'm not sure what happened but when I deleted my measure and redid it, it started working.
Headcount (Not Exclude Retirements) =

CALCULATE(Table[Measure], REMOVEFILTERS(Table[slicer column]))

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nleuck_101 ,

If you want the value in the line chart not be affected by the slicer, the REMOVEFILTERS function will work. If you want the line chart not be filtered or highlighted by the slicer, there're two ways:

1. Remove interactions between tables. In this way, the slicer will also not filter the bar chart.

2. Create a new slicer table and don't make relationship between the slicer table and other tables. Then for the values in the line and bar chart, create seperate measures against the new slicer table.

If you need further help or a sample to illustrate,please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yanjiang-msft 

I am using REMOVEFILTERS in the measure for the line in the chart but it's still be afffected.

Hi @nleuck_101 ,

If the REMOVEFILTERS function does not work, it may be related to the SUMMERIZE function and the specific situation of the sample. I try to reproduce your problem but failed to create the sample.

Here's my sample.

Kaly_0-1660110991246.png

I use the your formula to create a measure, seems the measure value doesn't effected by other column slicers.

Kaly_1-1660111170088.png

Could you provide more information or a simple sample can reproduce the problem?

Best Regards,

Kaly

@Kaly 

I'm not sure what happened but when I deleted my measure and redid it, it started working.

CALCULATE(Table[Measure], REMOVEFILTERS(Table[slicer column]))

nleuck_101
Resolver III
Resolver III

I created a measure that is suppose to exclude the slicer I want from changing the headcount but it's not quite working. Here is the formula I'm using:

CALCULATE(Table[Measure (from original post)], REMOVEFILTERS(Table[slicer column])).

Any ideas on what else I can try?

nleuck_101
Resolver III
Resolver III

Anyone have any idea on how this can be accomplished?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.