Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

quayg
Frequent Visitor

Measure to show Zero giving a blank month and quarter

Hi there,

Primary Zeros = COUNTA('Reach and Engage All Rows'[Primary])+0

I used this measure to show the fields with zero. It works but it added a new blank month to the left of January. It also does this for years and quarters although I have filtered to remove blank dates.

Screen Shot 2022-07-21 at 11.37.38 AM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @quayg 

This may be because the dates of the date column are not consecutive. It is recommended to create a calendar table containing consecutive dates and create measures based on that calendar table.

You can also hide that blank column by shortening the column width to zero(need to turn off option 'word wrap').

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @quayg 

This may be because the dates of the date column are not consecutive. It is recommended to create a calendar table containing consecutive dates and create measures based on that calendar table.

You can also hide that blank column by shortening the column width to zero(need to turn off option 'word wrap').

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

parry2k
Super User
Super User

do you have a blank date in the table?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

quayg
Frequent Visitor

There are no blank dates. I have filtered them all out.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@quayg my question is which table you are using for the date? Do you have a separate dimension?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

quayg
Frequent Visitor

It is the same table. Just counting the rows and grouping them by month.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@quayg do have a calendar table that is connected to your transaction table, and you are using the month from the calendar table? What does your model look like?

Follow us on LinkedIn and YouTube.gif to our YouTube channel

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make effort to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

quayg
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to help. It's counting all of the instances within a date range. I'm using the date hierarchy to group the results by month.

quayg_0-1658422326155.png

quayg_1-1658422342606.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.