Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

FatBlackCat30
Employee
Employee

Measure to concat by distinct company name

I am trying to create a measure that will concatenate the salesmembers by company, with each salesmember being on a new line. I did this with calculated columns but the issue I ran into was if I used my salesmember slicer and sliced to Noelle for example this would come up:

McdonaldsNoelle
Ryan
Danny

I want to isolate the salesmembers when I slice to a specific person since each person has other specific roles with the company

Before 
Companysalesmember
McdonaldsNoelle
McdonaldsRyan
McdonaldsDanny
TargetVinnie
TargetDennis
TargetRed
TargetRaven
WalmartColby
WalmartFelix
WalmartNathan
WalmartCarol
Fred MyersJoan
WincoTy

After
Company Salesmember
McdonaldsNoelle
Ryan
Danny
TargetVinnie
Dennis
Red
Raven
WalmartColby
Felix
Nathan
Carol
Fred MyersJoan
WincoTy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can visualize using a table or a matrix. by choosing the company and the new measures. For distinct try

concat salesperson=concatenatex(distinct(table[salesperson]),table[salesperson], UNICHAR(10))

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Create a measure using concatenatex

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/concatenatex-function-dax

concat salesperson=concatenatex(table,table[salesperson], UNICHAR(10))

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution. In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @
Thanks. My Recent Blog -
Winner-Topper-on-Map-How-to-Color-States-on-a-Map-with-Winners , HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-trend
Power-BI-Working-with-Non-Standard-Time-Periods And Comparing-Data-Across-Date-Ranges

Connect on Linkedin

I tried this but it does not work

concat salesperson=concatenatex(distinct(table),table[salesperson], UNICHAR(10))

thanks,

where would I add the distinct to not repeat the salesmembers? 

You can visualize using a table or a matrix. by choosing the company and the new measures. For distinct try

concat salesperson=concatenatex(distinct(table[salesperson]),table[salesperson], UNICHAR(10))

that was it, thanks for the help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.