Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GarethW
Frequent Visitor

Measure to calculate percentage of slicer based on another slicer

I am trying to create a pie chart that shows what percentage a selected slicer is of another selected slicer.

My data is formatted in the following way:

Company  |  Type       |  Booking

Comp A    | Strategic  | AB123

Comp A    | Strategic  | AB124

Comp B    | Strategic  | AB125

Comp C    | Tier 1       | AB332

Comp D   | Strategic  | AB333

I have a slicer that lets me pick the 'Type', which then updates the options in another slicer with the Companies of that type.

I want to pie chart to focus on the selected company, and work out it's share of all bookings in that type.

So if I select 'Comp A', the pie chart will show it as having 50% of the bookings for the 'Strategic' type (2 / 4).

If I then pick 'Comp C' it will become 100% of bookings for 'Tier 1' (1/1).

Each booking is a unique row in the data, with a 'Company' and 'Type' field.

I have tried to create a measure but nothing works the way I need it to.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

Hello @GarethW 

I can think of 2 ways to show it.  The measure is something like this:

Company % = 
VAR _Bookings = COUNTROWS(Bookings)
VAR _BookingsAll = CALCULATE( COUNTROWS ( Bookings ), ALLEXCEPT ( Bookings, Bookings[Type] ) )
RETURN DIVIDE( _Bookings, _BookingsAll )

Then you can use a guage to show the portion of 100 % for the selection or, if you want a pie chart you would need another measure to capture the remainder like so

Remainder = 1 - [Company %]

Bookings.jpg

I have attached my sample file for you to take a look at.

If this solves your issues please mark it as the solution so that others can find it easily. Kudos 👍 are nice too.
John

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

Hello @GarethW 

I can think of 2 ways to show it.  The measure is something like this:

Company % = 
VAR _Bookings = COUNTROWS(Bookings)
VAR _BookingsAll = CALCULATE( COUNTROWS ( Bookings ), ALLEXCEPT ( Bookings, Bookings[Type] ) )
RETURN DIVIDE( _Bookings, _BookingsAll )

Then you can use a guage to show the portion of 100 % for the selection or, if you want a pie chart you would need another measure to capture the remainder like so

Remainder = 1 - [Company %]

Bookings.jpg

I have attached my sample file for you to take a look at.

If this solves your issues please mark it as the solution so that others can find it easily. Kudos 👍 are nice too.
John

Thanks @jdbuchanan71 

Your code didn't work exactly for me, but I was able to make some amendments to get it to work, as both variables are based on a number of slicers/filters, with _Bookings just having an additional filter of the Company Name.

Share of Commerical Type = 
VAR _Bookings = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Raw Sailed Data'),ALLEXCEPT('Raw Sailed Data','Raw Sailed Data'[Comm Type Raw],'Raw Sailed Data'[Report Name Raw],'Raw Sailed Data'[Sail Month],'Raw Sailed Data'[Sail Year],'2019 Q1 hardcoded segments for ET'[SEGMENT_GROUPS]))
VAR _BookingsAll = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Raw Sailed Data'),ALLEXCEPT('Raw Sailed Data','Raw Sailed Data'[Comm Type Raw],'Raw Sailed Data'[Sail Month],'Raw Sailed Data'[Sail Year],'2019 Q1 hardcoded segments for ET'[SEGMENT_GROUPS]))
RETURN DIVIDE(_Bookings, _BookingsAll)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.