Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

BrianVT
Resolver I
Resolver I

Measure that ignores filter from another visual

I have a page of visualizations that graph various attributes of FTEs.  Some of these visuals will be set to filter only the current year.  However, I will also have a line graph on the page to display the trend of multiple years, such that clicking on an attribute in another visual will interactively filter the trend for that specific attribute.  The problem is that the current year is also coming through as a filter to the line graph.  How do I create a measure for the line graph that will ignore the year filter, but keep the attribute filter from clicking on another visual?  CALCULATE and ALL does not work. 

i.e. FTEs = CALCULATE([Total Govt FTEs],ALL(FY_Lookup[Fiscal Year]))

That just sums up the FTEs across all years and displays that same sum for any FY that gets filtered.  I want my line graph to show all the years, and the correct sums for each indivdual year.

I also tried ALLCROSSFILTERED, and it did the same thing as ALL.

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
BrianVT
Resolver I
Resolver I

I guess a workaround might be to use a slicer to set the visuals on the page to a certain year and have the trend graph set to not interact with that slicer?  I was hoping to not have a slicer displayed on this page, though.  I don't want anyone to ineract with that.  Can I hide it?

View solution in original post

Hi @BrianVT ,

Maybe my .pbix file can help you.

v-lionel-msft_0-1597217522231.png

If you want two visuals not to interact, then the fields of the two visuals need to come from two tables that are not related.

If this solution does not solve your problem, please provide sample data and screenshots of visuals. I need to know which fields your visuals use.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BrianVT
Resolver I
Resolver I

I guess a workaround might be to use a slicer to set the visuals on the page to a certain year and have the trend graph set to not interact with that slicer?  I was hoping to not have a slicer displayed on this page, though.  I don't want anyone to ineract with that.  Can I hide it?

Hi @BrianVT ,

Maybe my .pbix file can help you.

v-lionel-msft_0-1597217522231.png

If you want two visuals not to interact, then the fields of the two visuals need to come from two tables that are not related.

If this solution does not solve your problem, please provide sample data and screenshots of visuals. I need to know which fields your visuals use.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you.  I need to keep them related, but that's a good solution.  I was hoping there was a way to do it within a measure.  For now, I'm going to go ahead and use a slicer on the page and have the line graph not interact with it.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@amitchandak  - Yes, but I don't want to stop all interaction - I want the interaction of the attribute that I click on to come through, but not the year filter that is set for that visual to come through.  Therefore, I think my measure needs to do it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.