Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Measure that count rows for every disctinct value of one column, max of another column etc

Hello, I am stuck trying to solve the following:

I have one fact table, and I need to build a measure (not a calculated column) which counts all rows with the following criterias:

1) Distinct 'TurID'
2) MAX of 'SekvensNo' (within every 'TurID')
3) IF 'GruppeNo' is 3 or higher number (on the row with the MAX 'SekvensNo' for every 'TurID')

That is, I should have a count that equals the rowcount if the Highest 'SekvensNo' for a given 'TurID' contains a value of 3 or higher in the 'GruppeNo'. If that value is 2 or lower, the 'TurID' should not be counted.

Example below should return 3.

Toalme_0-1606737843322.png

'TurID' 103 and 105 will not be counted, as they both have the value 2 in 'GruppeNo' for the Max 'SekvensNo' (2 and 3 respectively).

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Try a measure like

calculate(sum(Table[SekvensNo]), filter(Table,Table[SekvensNo] >2 && Table[SekvensNo] = calculate(max(Table[SekvensNo]), allexpcept(Table,table[TurlID]))))

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Try a measure like

calculate(sum(Table[SekvensNo]), filter(Table,Table[SekvensNo] >2 && Table[SekvensNo] = calculate(max(Table[SekvensNo]), allexpcept(Table,table[TurlID]))))

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for your quick response, @amitchandak !

I took your suggestion, modified it a little bit, and now it seems to be working perfectly (need a little more validation and testing by me). Would you please read through my modified formula and see if it looks correct to you?

Again, thank you! 🙂

Modified Measure =

CALCULATE (
DISTINCTCOUNT ( Table[TurID] ),
FILTER (
Table,
Table[GruppeNo] > 2
&& Table[SekvensNo]
= CALCULATE (
MAX ( Table[SekvensNo] ),
ALLEXCEPT (
Table,
Table[TurID]
)
)
)
)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.