Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nleuck
Post Patron
Post Patron

Measure shows value in table visual but not in card visual

Hello All,

I've having some trouble with a card visual that displays a (Blank) value when I highlight a particular line in a table visual. The data is there so I know the value isn't (Blank).

In the photo below if I highlight the first row everything works as expected. The card display shows 66.62%, which is the same value in the last column in my table.

Untitled3.png

But when I highlight the second row, the card displays (Blank). It should display 88.13%, which is what the table shows in the last column.

Untitled4.png

Does anyone know what may be going on?

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
nleuck
Post Patron
Post Patron

I ended up creating a measure instead of using the column. For some reason the column was affecting the results on certain rows when highlighted. Doesn't make sense that a column in the same table would be causing the card display to show blanks.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
nleuck
Post Patron
Post Patron

I ended up creating a measure instead of using the column. For some reason the column was affecting the results on certain rows when highlighted. Doesn't make sense that a column in the same table would be causing the card display to show blanks.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@nleuck , can share the formula. In case you are using some row context, this can happen.

@amitchandak 

It's a simple DIVIDE(SUM(column name), SUM(column name))

No filtering is going on.

Anyone have any ideas on what may be going on?

@amitchandak

Do you happen to have any idea what may be causing it to do that?

Thanks! 

Hi @nleuck ,

What is your data structure like?

Do the fields in the matrix table belong to the same table?

Could you please provide a mockup sample based on fake data?

It will be helpful if you can show us the exact expected result based on the tables.

Please upload your files to OneDrive For Business and share the link here. Please don't contain any Confidential Information or Real data in your reply.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.