Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Measure showing wrong calculation

Hi,

I have tables fact,dim1,dim2 and dim1 and dim2 have relationship with fact.

My measure is Loc_Count=Calculate(Distinctcount('dim1'[col1])),filter('dim2','dim2'[Date]>Selectedvalue('Date'[st_DT])))

Date[ST_dt] is a slicer.and Date and Dim2 have relationship on Date[ST_DT] nad 'dim2'[Date].

So when i select particular date it filters the table2 but it is not filtering table1.

Col1 has 1,2,3 distinct value so it is giving 3 output.

But in table if u drag Col1 and dim2[Date] it is showing zero records as my Fact is empty.

So i need output blank or 0  when user selects the date.cause i dont have data in fact.

I don't know why it is not filtering table1 as well cause dim1 and dim2 have relationship.

4 REPLIES 4
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous you have provided lot of info but still missing important info on your post.

Can you share relationship diagram and what you want your output to be?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

See i have 3 tables one is provider having provider id and another is proivder network having effective date and term. date and i created manually date table with start date and end date columns and is mapped on effective date and start dateSee i have 3 tables one is provider having provider id and another is proivder network having effective date and term. date and i created manually date table with start date and end date columns and is mapped on effective date and start date

Anonymous
Not applicable

if i drag provider_id and effective date in same table visual it is showing blank. But measure is showing 3if i drag provider_id and effective date in same table visual it is showing blank. But measure is showing 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

So i need dax which count distinct proivder ids when effective and termination date is in range of selected date values by user

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.