Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Pigbag1962
Frequent Visitor

Measure showing 2 different values on same page

Hi

I have a situation where a measure Com % Change is showing correctly in smart Narrative, but incorrectly in a bar chart.

The measure is 

COM % Change = divide([COM YTD]-[COM YTD LY],[COM YTD LY],0)
COM YTD = $2.10M, COM YTD LY = $1.97M, so result should be 6.82%. See screenshots.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
Pigbag1962_1-1630366966509.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
VahidDM
Super User
Super User

Hi @Pigbag1962 

It works well on my sytem:

VahidDM_0-1630367947742.png

Have you used any other columns/Measures in that bar chart? did you apply a filter on visual/page/report [Or even selected a value on any slicers]?

Can you share the sample of your file or your data here to be able to work on it?

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Appreciate your Kudos VahidDM_1-1630368078859.png !!

View solution in original post

Pigbag1962
Frequent Visitor

Thanks VahidDM.

I think the issue arose through copying the chart and then amending the value field to the measure. Having recreated the chart from scratch this issue has been removed.

Thank you for your early response though  and offer for additional help.

Damon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Pigbag1962
Frequent Visitor

Thanks VahidDM.

I think the issue arose through copying the chart and then amending the value field to the measure. Having recreated the chart from scratch this issue has been removed.

Thank you for your early response though  and offer for additional help.

Damon

VahidDM
Super User
Super User

Hi @Pigbag1962 

It works well on my sytem:

VahidDM_0-1630367947742.png

Have you used any other columns/Measures in that bar chart? did you apply a filter on visual/page/report [Or even selected a value on any slicers]?

Can you share the sample of your file or your data here to be able to work on it?

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Appreciate your Kudos VahidDM_1-1630368078859.png !!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.