Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Hoho1
Frequent Visitor

Measure should stay fixed

Hello,

Is there any way to create a measure that holds two values that stay fixed when you select other filters?

I have the following table:

BadsCount
Total1300

and when I use a filtered column (e.g. Income drops: Y or N) I want to see the new distribution of counts but the % reduction on the original volume, i.e. this:

BadsCount% of OriginalCalculation for % of Original
060050%=600/1200
12020%=20/100
Total62048%=620/1300

Is there any way to do this? I've tried everything I found online (that I could understand) about measures, AllSelect etc but the denominator always changes when I use a filter (I'm fairly new to PowerBI). I used the advanced editor to get a fixed denominator for Bads=1 but obviously it won't work for Bads=0. I'd prefer to do this in DAX but any solution that can help is much appreciated! 🙂

Thank you in advance for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vmakhija
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

@Hoho1

I am assuming you have separate columns for numerator and denominator.

If so, you can use the following -

Original % Measure = IF(HASONEVALUE(Table5[bad]),
CALCULATE(SUM(Table5[Count1]), ALLEXCEPT(Table5, Table5[bad])) / CALCULATE(SUM(Table5[Count2]), ALLEXCEPT(Table5, Table5[bad])),
CALCULATE(SUM(Table5[Count1]), ALLEXCEPT(Table5, Table5[bad])) / CALCULATE(SUM(Table5[Count2]), ALL(Table5))
)

Mainly, HASONEVALUE will treat your individual rows v/s. Total row differently. Hope it helps.

Regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
vmakhija
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

@Hoho1

I am assuming you have separate columns for numerator and denominator.

If so, you can use the following -

Original % Measure = IF(HASONEVALUE(Table5[bad]),
CALCULATE(SUM(Table5[Count1]), ALLEXCEPT(Table5, Table5[bad])) / CALCULATE(SUM(Table5[Count2]), ALLEXCEPT(Table5, Table5[bad])),
CALCULATE(SUM(Table5[Count1]), ALLEXCEPT(Table5, Table5[bad])) / CALCULATE(SUM(Table5[Count2]), ALL(Table5))
)

Mainly, HASONEVALUE will treat your individual rows v/s. Total row differently. Hope it helps.

Regards

A million thanks @vmakhija! Your solution did exactly what I wanted! I can't thank you enough! Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

anandav
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Can you try:

Original % Measure = CALCULATE(SUM(Table5[Count]), ALLEXCEPT(Table5, Table5[bad])) / CALCULATE(SUM(Table5[Count]), ALL(Table5))

Hoho1
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your response @anandav however your denominator gets fixed to (based on my example) 1300 which is not quite what I want. I need it to be equal to 1200 when Bads=0 and equal to 100 when Bads=1. It's on the right path though! 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.