Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Measure returns (BLANK) - How can I fill that value? Missing in backend data

Hello,

I have a combination of measures which I am using. The latest measure I created returns a blank because the row does not exist in the data layer.

Capture.PNG

For total issues, we get a 0 returned because the row simply does not exist.

I created my measure called Backlog Weight which uses Backlog Contribution Score_1 (because it contains a value).

How can I conditionally insert a new row for the required fields I need?

For example, I have the following:

Location A | Severity 1 (How can I conditionally add this row at Location A, with Severity 1?)

Location A | Severity 2

Location A | Severity 3

Location A | Severity 4

All other fields in that row will be BLANK or null.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Cmcmahan
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Looking at your image, I don't see anything referencing Location or Severity. I have no idea how that's related to a blank Backlog Weight on a given date.

If you're trying to show Location/Severity as a sub row under a given month, you can add Location and then Severity in the Rows bucket of the visualization options under Date, and click the downward forked path icon on the top right of the visual to drill down.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Cmcmahan
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Looking at your image, I don't see anything referencing Location or Severity. I have no idea how that's related to a blank Backlog Weight on a given date.

If you're trying to show Location/Severity as a sub row under a given month, you can add Location and then Severity in the Rows bucket of the visualization options under Date, and click the downward forked path icon on the top right of the visual to drill down.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.