Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

amitnhpBI
Frequent Visitor

Measure one below another

Hi,

I have a basic requirement to show one measure below another measure as shown below . Can anyone help me how to achieve this in Power BI. I tried using Cross tab report but didnt worked.

Month-> 
Measure201601201602
Actual10001150
Forecast9501000
Budget10001000

Thanks,

Amit

5 REPLIES 5
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

you are not alone, but luckily there is an idea

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/10948962-matrix-measures-or-value...

with a lot of votes and the Power BI already started working, but of course there is no ETA. Personally I hope that it will be coming soon. This is of the most often asked features and personally I think this is a utterly basic reporting feature.

But it is in the works, so sooner or later ...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Just to let you know, that with the current release of Power BI Service it is possible to make this happen:

Matrix Visual - Measures on Rows.png

Now let's our fingers crossed that it will come also to the next Power BI Desktop release Smiley Happy

Cheers

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @amitnhpBI,

For the format you given above, we can not the same to show one measure below another measure as shown below. Because measure can not be added row level in Matrix visual.  You can create a table visual, select month, Actual, Forecast, Budget as values, or you can create a matrix visual, select month as row level, Actual, Forecast, Budget as value levels, you will get the following format result.

month Actual Forecast Budget
201601 1000 950 1000
201602 1150 1000 1000

Best Regards,
Angelia

Thanks for your response but client is very specific on the format. Its very easy to get that format in other reporting tools.

Hi @amitnhpBI,

I total understand you, the format is not supported in Power BI now, you can create a idea here. Maybe it will be considered in the future.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.