Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MaxSchrijen23
Helper I
Helper I

Measure on live connection

Hi Guys,

I am experiencing an issue when I use the power bi live connection as input. 

I created a dashboard that was based on XLS data in which I created a measure to calculate a column based on a selected date range. In the dashboard based on the XLS file the measure works perfect, but when I change my input to a live connection it is not woking anymore for all my items only for some of them.

Has anybody else experienced this issue as well? Or could anybody help me?

Kind regards,

Max

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@MaxSchrijen23 , The live connection does not support calculating columns. How are you able to change from XLS import to live connection.

I have been using a dataset created on XLS as live, it should work.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@MaxSchrijen23 , The live connection does not support calculating columns. How are you able to change from XLS import to live connection.

I have been using a dataset created on XLS as live, it should work.

Thanks for your reply!

I just did a first mock-up on an xls demo file and then if I figured out how to do the calculations I exchange the input to a live dataset so in that way I change it. This live dataset is build up by SQL server input. 

Luckily I managed to solve it because you are right using CALCULATE does not work, so I had to use a work around.

PS: how did you use an XLS file as live?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.