cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thechrispybacon Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Measure on Bar Chart

Hi there Smiley Happy,

I am trying to present a measure on a bar chart. The KPI is aggregated in a way that it does a distinctcount over the period of two years to the past and one year to the future. That works fine when presenting it on a card, but when I want to see the above explained aggregated calculation on a time axis, it only seems to reurn the distinctcount for the individual Months. 

Here are the formulas of my measures:

==> Number of Brands:

IF(
      HASONEVALUE(
          'Time Dimension'[Date (bins)]); CALCULATE(
               DISTINCTCOUNT(
                  ´DataTable´[Brand]); DATESBETWEEN(
                      'Time Dimension'[Date]; [Start-Date(-2to1)]; [End Date(-2to1)]); USERELATIONSHIP(DataTable[Date]; 'Time Dimension'[Date]); DataTable[Brand] <> BLANK()); "Select a Month")

==> Start-Date (-2to1)

Start-Date(-2to1) = DATEADD(VALUES('Time Dimension'[Date (bins)]); -2;YEAR) 

==>End-Date(-2to1)

End Date(-2to1) = 
IF(ISFILTERED('Time Dimension'[Date]) && HASONEVALUE('Time Dimension'[Date]); 
DATEADD(VALUES('Time Dimension'[Date]); 11; MONTH); TODAY())

Eventhough Start and End Date look different they work just the same and provide a single date value.

Any ideas of how to solve this? A christmas miracle would be nice! Smiley Wink

Best regards,
chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Visitor

Re: Measure on Bar Chart

@v-shex-msft, i now found a way how to solve it. So I created a calculated column, with the Start and End Date for each row and instead of using my date table, i used the date column of my data table for the DATESBETWEEN Filter of the Calculate function. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

HI @thechrispybacon,

Can you please share a pbix file with some sample data and expected result for us to testing coding formula?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |
Frequent Visitor

@v-shex-msft, i now found a way how to solve it. So I created a calculated column, with the Start and End Date for each row and instead of using my date table, i used the date column of my data table for the DATESBETWEEN Filter of the Calculate function.