Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

CGanabelle
Frequent Visitor

Measure (number) change when it's on a linear chart with dates

Hi everyone,

I write this message because I've a problem with the creation of a chart.
The measure give a number (1673 as total) but when I put it on a linear chart (with date), the number (total) change to 1669. So I "lost" 4 units and I don't know exactly why. It's not the first time I've this problem with PowerBi.

Is there someone else that already had this problem and solved it?

Thank you very much!
Have a nice day!

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @CGanabelle,

Since I could not reproduce your issue, would you please share your sample so that I can test for you?

How did you calculate the measure? You said there were 4 units being lost after adding measure to line chart, then, which 4 units were lost? In these 4 records, is date value blank?

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@CGanabelle

sounds lke you might not have a date / i.e a blank date for the missing data

can you pull the date into a table or a matrix and check to see if you have all dates for your measure

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.