Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ManuelGeiger
Helper I
Helper I

Measure not working as expected

Hi all,

I have some values and measures like you can see in the table below.
As explenation: The GLP and also the Next GLP get multiplied by the invoiced QTY. The division between these values is the GLP impact in %.

This works fine on an item level but looking at the whole picture power bi sums up the GLP, Next GLP and QTY values and calculates based on that.

How can I achive it that the system sums up the actual calculated values and and divides those?

ManuelGeiger_0-1603902351748.png

To be more clear: the subtotal of the column "GLP x Invoiced QTY" is 6763782,00 and the subtotal of the column "Next GLP x invoiced QTY" is 6939557,72 so I would expect a percentage difference of 2,6%.

The system on the other hand takes the sum of the GLP's and of the QTY and divides those values which lead to an overall impact of 13,2% which is not true.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ManuelGeiger ,

It seems the field [GLP] and [Next GLP] is measure, could you please provide their formulas and some sample data in order to make troubleshooting? In addition, please review the solution in the following threads and check whether they can help you resolve the problem.

Fix Totals and Subtotals in DAX

Dax for Power BI: Fixing Incorrect Measure Totals

Why Your Total Is Incorrect In Power BI - The Key DAX Concept To Understand

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rena Ruan
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ManuelGeiger ,

It seems the field [GLP] and [Next GLP] is measure, could you please provide their formulas and some sample data in order to make troubleshooting? In addition, please review the solution in the following threads and check whether they can help you resolve the problem.

Fix Totals and Subtotals in DAX

Dax for Power BI: Fixing Incorrect Measure Totals

Why Your Total Is Incorrect In Power BI - The Key DAX Concept To Understand

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rena Ruan
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.