Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ilcaa72
Helper IV
Helper IV

Measure not producing proper result in Matrix table

enclosed is a workbook

i am trying to create a Matrix that shows the difference between current month and previous month. i am having trouble with the calculation.  if I use a 'card' i can select a month and it does show the previous month difference.... BUT when i place the measure in a matrix as the value, all I get is the raw data, no difference...  here is a link to the workbook.  https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av69y58QJYzRjyK7uV29mJleakUo

pbi date.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@ilcaa72,

Please use Date format instead of Date Hierarchy format in Matrix Column.  Measure returns incorrect data due to the Date Hierarchy.
1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@ilcaa72,

Please use Date format instead of Date Hierarchy format in Matrix Column.  Measure returns incorrect data due to the Date Hierarchy.
1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I need help with this issue... cause I did change the Date to just "Date" and I can see the difference in values (great)... BUT, i created an Index column in Power Query to sort the dates in reverse... when I apply and go back to Power BI, then select Date and sortby this new index column.... it sorts correctly (like i want) BUT the values all turn to ZEROS!!

can you give me a recommendation on how to resolve these issues and make it ALL work?  

@ilcaa72,

Kindly share the new PBIX file here.

Regards,
Lydia

hi Lydia,

i created a index in power query.  If i change the "Sort by", for date to Index in PBI, the values change.  here is a screenshot and the workbook, thanks for the help.  i cant figure it out!  https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av69y58QJYzRjyK7uV29mJleakUo

pBI date order.png

@ilcaa72,

Please check DAX in attached PBIX file.

Regards,
Lydia

thanks Lydia, it works

can you explain why changing the Date Column value between Hiearchy or just Date makes a difference?

if I choose the Date Hiearchy it will display the raw values, but if i change it to 'Date' it will display the differences, i think that was my problem with my original solution cause the formmula is the same..  thanks for any insight you can provide

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.