Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

nleuck_101
Resolver III
Resolver III

Measure not calculating correctly

Hello All,

I could use some help with my percent measure not calculating correctly. My measure is the 3rd column divided by 4th column. Both columns are measures. If you divide 1 / 6 you get 16.17% but I get 18.18%. Also, the total should be 1 / 31 and 3.23% but I get 3.28%. I've had trouble with understanding why Power BI works like this but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

nleuck_101_0-1641417440787.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@nleuck_101,

Even though you changed the format, the value of your Measures are still decimal numbers.

You can change the value by using a DAX ROUND (or Roundup, Rounddown ) function to generate whole numbers if that is what you truly want your Measures to reflect

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
rsbin
Super User
Super User

@nleuck_101,

Are you sure the values in your 3rd and 4th columns are exact and are not rounded up?

1/5.5 = 18.18% or 1.0908 / 6 = 18.18% ?

@rsbin,

I changed the format from General to Whole Number for the 3rd and 4th column.

@nleuck_101,

Even though you changed the format, the value of your Measures are still decimal numbers.

You can change the value by using a DAX ROUND (or Roundup, Rounddown ) function to generate whole numbers if that is what you truly want your Measures to reflect

@rsbin 

Thank you! I used the ROUNDUP function and that worked perfectly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.