Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nleuck_101
Helper II
Helper II

Measure not calculating correctly

Hello All,

I could use some help with my percent measure not calculating correctly. My measure is the 3rd column divided by 4th column. Both columns are measures. If you divide 1 / 6 you get 16.17% but I get 18.18%. Also, the total should be 1 / 31 and 3.23% but I get 3.28%. I've had trouble with understanding why Power BI works like this but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

nleuck_101_0-1641417440787.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@nleuck_101,

Even though you changed the format, the value of your Measures are still decimal numbers.

You can change the value by using a DAX ROUND (or Roundup, Rounddown ) function to generate whole numbers if that is what you truly want your Measures to reflect

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
rsbin
Super User
Super User

@nleuck_101,

Are you sure the values in your 3rd and 4th columns are exact and are not rounded up?

1/5.5 = 18.18% or 1.0908 / 6 = 18.18% ?

@rsbin,

I changed the format from General to Whole Number for the 3rd and 4th column.

@nleuck_101,

Even though you changed the format, the value of your Measures are still decimal numbers.

You can change the value by using a DAX ROUND (or Roundup, Rounddown ) function to generate whole numbers if that is what you truly want your Measures to reflect

@rsbin 

Thank you! I used the ROUNDUP function and that worked perfectly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

charticulator_carousel_with_text (1).png

Charticulator Design Challenge

Put your data visualization and design skills to the test! This exciting challenge is happening now through May 31st!

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Power BI Dev Camp Session 22 768x460.jpg

Check it out!

Mark your calendars and join us on Thursday, May 26 at 11a PDT for a great session with Ted Pattison!