Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bchager6
Super User
Super User

Measure is creating duplicate rows in a table

All,

I created a measure to return the greater of 0 or the difference Between Baseline - CapEx and Forecast CapEx. The measure is returning the correct value for each Project ID I filter on, but it's also creating additional rows (with the same project ID I filtered on) for every Project Name. My guess is that this behavior is due to how the data model is configured, but I wanted to reach out to see if anyone has seen this before and has a DAX workaround.

Release CapEx = 
MAX( 0,'Baseline'[Baseline - CapEx] - [Forecast CapEx])

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@bchager6 , Couple of reasons I can think of.

1. These measures are coming from different tables and one of them have a problem with  project join

2. Both table has project ID, and there is a common project table(Project Dimension) and you took project or project name from a fact, not from Dimension

3. One of the measures is using all/all selected. even possible when they are from the same table

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Does this work?

=if(isblank('Baseline'[Baseline - CapEx]),blank(),MAX( 0,'Baseline'[Baseline - CapEx] - [Forecast CapEx]))

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

@Ashish_Mathur  It works in terms of producing the numbers I want, but the solution I found earlier was to bring fields in from a table other than my project fact table. Thank you.

pranit828
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @bchager6 

Can you please provide more info with screenshots, input and required output in table format for the community so that you ask can be better understood and resolved quickly.

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png

Hope it resolves your issue? 
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Appreciate your Kudos, Press the thumbs up button!!
Linkedin Profile

@pranit828 No, I can't actually, due to confidentiality. I was hoping that someone would recognize the behavior and maybe provide some clues as to what could be causing this behavior. 

If that's not you; thanks anyway for trying.

@bchager6 , Couple of reasons I can think of.

1. These measures are coming from different tables and one of them have a problem with  project join

2. Both table has project ID, and there is a common project table(Project Dimension) and you took project or project name from a fact, not from Dimension

3. One of the measures is using all/all selected. even possible when they are from the same table

@amitchandak  Good call! It looks like using the Project ID and some other fields from a fact table was causing the problem. 
Thank you. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.