Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ymirza
Helper II
Helper II

Measure in Matrix is not able to Filter the main table even after fixing Edit-interaction

I have this measure which provide me list of "Open Issues" older than 60 days. I was using this measure as a Card to display the Count of days, but since the card doesn't filter the Table, so I decided to use the measure in Matrix. So when I click the number displayed in Matrix, the Table is expected to filter and display only those items older than 60 days

Measure: Issues open since 60 days = var _count=CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(Table),Table[StatusVlookup] = "Open Issues" , Table[Issue log date]<=TODAY()-60) return IF(ISBLANK(_count),0,_count)

Problem is the Table isn't filtering the Open issues let alone selecting Older than 60 days. It is also selecting Closed issues. Please advise how can we resolve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@ymirza

It can only filter on column [StatusVlookup]. You may drag the calculated column below to Rows.

Column =
'Table'[Issue logged date]
    <= TODAY () - 60

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@ymirza

It can only filter on column [StatusVlookup]. You may drag the calculated column below to Rows.

Column =
'Table'[Issue logged date]
    <= TODAY () - 60

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have added this Column in the main table, it is giving me True and false values. True = older than 60 days. But how will the main table filter the True values when i click on the matrix table. Did you download the pbix i sent for reference in the google drive link?

@ymirza,

Drag the calculated column to Rows of the Matrix visual.

AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @ymirza

Can you show how your matrix is set up? What fields  you are using where

I will attach the file

@ymirza

You can post here the URL to the file, either from platforms like OneDrive, Dropbox... or upload the file to sites like http://www.tinyupload.com/ or https://www.filedropper.com/ (no sign-in required) and share the URL

@ymirza

How about placing the measure you already have [open since 60 days], that seems to be working fine, on the visual level filters of the table visual you  have in your report and then selecting 'Show items when the value:' is not zero?

That should do the trick 

i tried applying the Visual level filter on the main Table, but it is permanently blocking other items in the table. In my Actual PowerBI i have many other graphs and Pie chart which are required to filter out the required values in the table.

@ymirza

What do you mean by "permanently blocking other items in the table"?

@AIB, adding visual filter on the main table is permanently filtering out NEW open items. it is only showing Older than 60 days even without clicking on the Matrix values. You can try in the pbix i sent you. i only need to see the value "Older than 60 days" when i click on the measure in the matrix.

@ymirza :- Could you please share the pbix file with me as well.?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.