Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

vjnvinod
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Measure help

Dear Community,

i have created a margin, which is throwing error, can you let me know what could be the right way to do it?

Margin% = IF(SUM(Inbound[NER_FYTD_Constant]=0,0,SUM(Inbound[MarginFYTD_Constant]/SUM(Inbound[NER_FYTD_Constant]))))

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Christann
Helper IV
Helper IV

You have put all of your parentheses at the end! Try:

Margin% = IF(SUM(Inbound[NER_FYTD_Constant])=0,0,SUM(Inbound[MarginFYTD_Constant])/SUM(Inbound[NER_FYTD_Constant]))

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi vjnvinod,

You forgot to close some parenthesis.

IF(SUM(Inbound[NER_FYTD_Constant])=0,0 , SUM(Inbound[MarginFYTD_Constant])/SUM(Inbound[NER_FYTD_Constant]))

Tell us if it works for you.

vjnvinod
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@Anonymous@Christann

Actually the output is not showing in % and should be one place decimal

is there anything we need to tweek in this measure?

The formatting is not included in the actual Measure. You can simply select the measure in your Fields pane, and then modify the formatting on the Modeling tab > Formatting.

vjnvinod
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@Christann

Great, this helps & an easy one.

Can you also help me on more issue, i have a metrics, where i want to show the upward and downward trend, something like shown in below (which is basically an indicator )

Not sure, how do i achieve this, as i don't find any option to do that

Screenshot_20181025-112435.png

@vjnvinod

I am not sure what you are asking. Are you looking for how to create Conditional Formatting(i.e. text or background changes color based on the value), or are you wondering how to create the whole combination of graphics in your screenshot?

vjnvinod
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@Christann

conditional formatting is something i am aware, if you noticed in the pic, there is some indicators(up & down in triangle shape), how can we build that indicators in the table?

Sure!, take a look at this link from Curbal.com, and see if this is what you needed.

Christann
Helper IV
Helper IV

You have put all of your parentheses at the end! Try:

Margin% = IF(SUM(Inbound[NER_FYTD_Constant])=0,0,SUM(Inbound[MarginFYTD_Constant])/SUM(Inbound[NER_FYTD_Constant]))

Hope this helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.