Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Measure from calculated column

Below are screenshots from my Calendar table. Today is February 20, 2019, so in the IsToday calculated column, everything is 0 except for today, which is a 1. My ultimate goal is to create a measure that has a logical structure of, for example, IF(IsToday = 1 && FinancialWeekofQuarter = 8, then do some calculation, assuming we are using today's date of Feb 20, which corresponds to a FinancialWeekofQuarter value of Week 8.

The way I see it, there are two routes to take: 

1. Create a measure that achieves the same things as the IsToday calculated column 

2. Create a measure that uses the IsToday calculated column 

I've tried both so far but the issue with 1 is that you can't reference the date column in the measure. The issue with 2 is that you can't reference the IsToday calculated column.

So if someone can please help me with one or both approaches, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Date.pngCalendarTable.png

4 REPLIES 4
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Create two measures

is today = IF(FORMAT(NOW(),"mm/dd/yy")=FORMAT(MAX('Table'[Date]),"mm/dd/yy"),1,0)

logical = IF([is today]=1&&MAX('Table'[week of year])=8,1,0) (you could replace 1/0 with your calcuation)

Today is 2019/2/21

4.png

Best Reagrds

Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-juanli-msft this works for what you are saying, but if I want to do any calculations in the If-true part, nothing is displayed, as shown in the screenshot. 

logicalmeasure.png

Maybe I wasn't precise enough in my first post but I'm looking to have something like this. 

ForecastMaster Orders test = 

var todaynum = WEEKDAY(TODAY(), 2)
var todaynumfinal = IF(todaynum = 6 || todaynum = 7, 1, todaynum)

return
IF([CurrentMonth] = 1 && [CurrentWeek] = "Week 1", ([ForecastMaster Orders] * todaynumfinal)/20,
IF([CurrentMonth] = 1 && [CurrentWeek] = "Week 2", ([ForecastMaster Orders]* (todaynumfinal + 5))/20,
IF([CurrentMonth] = 1 && [CurrentWeek] = "Week 3", ([ForecastMaster Orders]* (todaynumfinal + 10))/20,
IF([CurrentMonth] = 1 && [CurrentWeek] = "Week 4", ([ForecastMaster Orders]* (todaynumfinal + 15))/20))))

Where [CurrentMonth], [CurrentWeek] and [ForecastMaster Orders] are measures as follows:

CurrentMonth = LOOKUPVALUE(Dim_Calendar[FinancialMonthID],Dim_Calendar[IsToday], 1)

CurrentWeek = LOOKUPVALUE(Dim_Calendar[FinancialWeekOfQuarter],Dim_Calendar[IsToday], 1)

ForecastMaster Orders = CALCULATE(SUM(ForecastMaster1[Forecast Value]),ForecastMaster1[Type] = "Orders")

Hi @Anonymous 

Could you share a simple pbix file to test?

Just delete privacy data and keep some data that can illustrate the problem.

one way to share data is to uplaod the file to One drive and share the link here.

or paste some example data here.

Best Regards

Maggie

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-juanli-msft 

I think I partly figured it out, I created a summary table grouped by the week and other necessary fields. If I have further questions, I'll create another post and put the link here. Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.