Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Measure for merged (append) Tables

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help with my problem.

I have 3 Tables. Each Table relates to another year(2019,2020,2021). Each Table has the 5 coloumns (Country, Year, Fee, Activation, Media). I have already append the tables to be able to use one slicer for all Data.

Now, I want to create a measure, that shows me the ratio for each year for Fee & Activation +Media. (Ratio = (Activation+Media)/Fee). Unfortunately it does not work with the appended Table.

This is my measure: 

Albert_Lind_0-1606221483723.png

It does not work only with the appended table. When try it with the table 2021 it works. the Problem is, that I want to create  Dashboard with an Overview of all 3 years and would like to use only 1 slicer for all 3 years.

I hope someone can help me on that. 

Thank you in advance and best regards,

Albert

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

No ideas? 😃

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's clear from the description of the error that you're using a table with at least 2 entries where the code expects one value or a table with just one entry (these are equivalent in DAX). Please show the code of the measure. Very often people code and their assumption about what the code does is incorrect. This is what's just happened to you.

I can't use Dropbox from work. Sorry.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also tried to creat a coloumn, to calculate the ratio for each ratio. The problem is, if I choose the arithmetic value, it shows me a wrong number, beause not every asset has values.

Anonymous
Not applicable

please see below the appended table. 

Albert_Lind_0-1606243997716.png

Here is the code, i think from the appended table:

Albert_Lind_1-1606244185698.png

I don´t know how to see the code of the measure. I created the measure by choosing the button "new measure" and put this formula: 

Albert_Lind_2-1606244406717.png

Sorry, I dont know how show you the Dax code of the measure.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @amitchandak and @Anonymous for the quick reply.

I have created a simple sample data but I dont know how to upload it here. So I put it into Dropbox.

Excel-Table: 

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/zria9tmxwdpt9gl49z96r/Power-Bi-appended-Tables-Problem.xlsx?dl=0&rlkey=8kieyrfbwgibjgrunx3uoiepg

Power bi:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k6eduwh5qgr72ud/Power%20Bi%20appended%20Tables%20Issue.pbix?dl=0

I hope that will work.

These are the details of the error:

error details.JPG

Thank you 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

The most important thing to be able to troubleshoot this... has not been shown. Click on the "See details" link and show us what the problem is. Thanks. Also, I immediately notice that your measures are tied to one specific year (2021). Not the best way to code a measure that should respond dynamically to selections in dimensions...

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , can you share what is there in see details.  On error

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.