Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Measure for different aggregations of absolute values

Hi,

My dims are Datetime, Zone, Macrozone (aggregation of zones) and type, as shown below:

ace4_1-1680020740196.png

I need to analyze different aggregations of absolute values:

- per macrozone (absolute of the value aggregated per hour and macrozone)

- per zone (absolute of the value aggregated per hour and zone)

- per zone and type (absolute of the value detailed per type and zone)

The fact is that I need to repeat the same calculation on a similar column of corrected values, therefore my columns are increasing too much.

ace4_0-1680020723600.png

I'm creating summarized table for each different aggregation with a calculated column of absolute value (or distinguishing negative and positive).

Is it possible to build a single measure that allows me to display the different value according to the context given by the visuals? Sumx(abs(value)) would just work for the maximum detail (Macrozone/zone/type): as soon as I drill up (let's say simple zonal view) it would give a wrong result, since it would give the sum of the absolute values of the different types (instead of making the absolute value of the sum of them).

Similarly Abs(sumx(value)) would put all the hours together, while I need to consider the absolute value of each hour.

I'm attaching a sample pbix. Sample pbix 
thanks a lot!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.