Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

niko18033
Helper I
Helper I

Measure for average count aggregated by hour of day and day of week

I'm trying to write a DAX measure to find the average count for a given hour on a given weekday. I plan on using this to compare current volume (most recent complete hour) to the expected volume (average for that particular hour on that particular weekday). For example, I'd like to compare volume for 9:00 am on Monday to all of the 9:00 am hours only for Mondays in the dataset. I have columns created already for Start of Hour (Time data type), Hour (Number), Day Name (text), and Day of Week (num).

I've tried writing some variations of ALL and ALLEXCEPT but have not been able to figure it out so far. I need this figure to be fixed as it will compare current hour by the average for that hour on that day of the week.  Any assistance would be much appreciated!

Here is the format of the data. I just put a placeholder formula on Average which divides count by 13, since that's the approximate number of weeks in my data currently.

Volume by Day by Hour.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AlB ,

Please provide reproducible data in tabular form and expected output table.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @niko18033

It would certainly help if you showed the tables in your model and an example with the expected result. I don't understand what the average is calculated on, what field?  You mention average count ?? count of what, rows? What columns do you have in your tables? What relationships?

Please mark the question solved when done and consider giving a thumbs up if posts are helpful.

Contact me privately for support with any larger-scale BI needs, tutoring, etc.

Cheers 

SU18_powerbi_badge

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.