Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Measure for Conditional Formatting works 50%

Hello, 

I am trying to apply background color on a Matrix that contains a column "Distribution %" :

td_beginner_0-1631675488666.png

I want to perform a calculation and set the bg color ro red. The Calcuation is :

% > (TMo Target + Over Varaince) OR

% < (TMo Target + Under Variance), 

Set "Red"

For this I wrote a measure (trying different ways):

Measure = 
/*
    SWITCH(
        TRUE(), 
        //([% of MB by Total MB all PMN] > SUMX(OutboundVolumes, OutboundVolumes[Standard Target Display] + OutboundVolumes[Standard Over Variance Numeric]) ), "Red"
        ([% of MB by Total MB all PMN] > SUMX(OutboundVolumes, OutboundVolumes[OverTargetValue] + 0 ) ), "Green",
        ([% of MB by Total MB all PMN] < SUMX(OutboundVolumes, OutboundVolumes[UnderTargetValue] + 0) ), "Red"
        //([% of MB by Total MB all PMN] < SUMX(OutboundVolumes, OutboundVolumes[Standard Target Display] + OutboundVolumes[Standard Under Variance Numeric]) ), "Red" 
        )
*/

VAR distriPerc = VALUE('OutboundVolumes'[% of MB by Total MB all PMN])

RETURN
    IF ( distriPerc > (SUMX(OutboundVolumes, OutboundVolumes[Standard Target Display] + OutboundVolumes[Standard Over Variance Numeric]) ) ||
         distriPerc < (SUMX(OutboundVolumes, OutboundVolumes[Standard Target Display] + OutboundVolumes[Standard Under Variance Numeric]) ), 
            "Red" )

/*    
    IF ([% of MB by Total MB all PMN] > SUMX(OutboundVolumes, OutboundVolumes[Standard Target Display] + OutboundVolumes[Standard Over Variance Numeric] ), 
        "Red", 
        IF ([% of MB by Total MB all PMN] < SUMX(OutboundVolumes, OutboundVolumes[Standard Target Display] + OutboundVolumes[Standard Under Variance Numeric]), 
            "Red", "Pink")
    ) 
    */
    //||
    //    ,))))

With the above results, 

%      Target + Over       Target + Under

28     (5 + 10 = 15)      ( 5 + -10 = -5)               28 > 15 - yet, it is not turned Red. 

72      (95 + 5 = 100)    (95 + -1 = 85)              72 < 85 - Turns Red       

The Target + Over variance calc somehow doesn't work.

The data for above results looks like as below (all fields are of type %)

td_beginner_1-1631676096235.png   

Values of Over variance field are: 

td_beginner_2-1631676268918.png

I need help to figure out why the Target + Over calc is not working. Any help is appreciated.

Thank You

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Try a measure like this and use that in conditional formatting using field value option

If( [Distribution %] >[Tmo Target] + [Over Variance] , "Red", "White")

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your response @amitchandak 

I wrote a measure as you stated:

OnlyOver_Measure = IF ([% of MB by Total MB all PMN] > SUMX(OutboundVolumes, [Standard Target Display] + [Standard Over Variance Numeric]) , "Red", "Green"  )

And the result is Distribution % is shown as Green rather than Red.

td_beginner_0-1631743016711.png

The Distribution % & TMo Target cols in the Matrix are Measures returning % & Text values respectively. The Over Variance & Under Variance cols contains values of fields of type Text - the original data. 

To work on the calcuations, I have duplicated the fields & made of type %.

To debug the above issue, I added those created % fields in Matrix, and I see different values than what it is in the data, they are shown as Sum & not just value.

Could this be the issue ??? But then, how come the under Variance % col is working perfectly well !!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors