Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

mafioso
Helper II
Helper II

Measure doesn't summarize properly

This is my table:

Capture.PNG

I don't know why, but the cross total at the bottom is right although the values in some cols are wrong. You can calculate by yourself, the result for nearly every column is "wrong". The number itself is right but with the numbers shown in the table it should be another result. Do you know why the measure doesn't calculate right although the result at the bottom is still right?

Here is my measure:

M_C running total in Date = 
CALCULATE(
	[M_E];
	FILTER(
		ALLSELECTED('Master'[Date]);
		ISONORAFTER('Master'[Date]; MAX('Master'[Date]); DESC)
	)
)

Here is the M_E measure:
M_E = sumx(master; (ABS(Master[Rev]*1000)*related('Product'[Enabled])*related(Risk[Risk_Enabled])*related('Status'[Enabled])))

I show M_E in a separate table and in this table the values are ok. I don't know why it works in this table and after the M_C measure it doesn't work properly

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi mafioso,

Modify DAX formula like below and check if it can work:

M_C running total in Date =
CALCULATE (
    [M_E];
    FILTER ( Master; ISONORAFTER ( 'Master'[Date]; MAX ( 'Master'[Date] ); DESC ) );
    ALLSELECTED ( 'Master'[Date] )
)

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

@v-yuta-msft Ok i finally found the problem. Can you help me to fix it? 
Capture.PNG

I marked the lines red. I need the value from 2019 in every other column.

So I want it to look like that:

-256 -768 -768 -768 -768 -768

Hi mafioso,

What's the logic of values you want to achieve from "2019 in every other column"? Could you give more details about your table and measure you are using and also more details about your expected requirement?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Thanks for your answer but that is not really the answer i was looking for. I want to have a cumulative total by year and somehow some values are not counting. Your solution gives me the correct numbers, now I need to summarize them.

For example:

2018: 5 (5)

2019: 9 (4)

2020: 16 (7)

2021: 20 (4)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.