Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MissBI_21
Helper II
Helper II

Measure does not sum in table

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help.

I have a measure (UK Days Available) which uses data from two tables:

MissBI_21_0-1628088124739.png

When I have this measure in a table by name of employee, it does not sum the total number of days available, it just shows -4 as the total:

MissBI_21_0-1628088269064.png

Can someone help me to get these days to sum up please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@MissBI_21 create another measure  and use it for visualization

New Measure = SUMX ( VALUES ( YourTable[Employee] ), [Existing UK Days Available Measure] )

Follow us on LinkedIn

Check my latest blog post The Power of Using Calculation Groups with Inactive Relationships (Part 1) (perytus.com) I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@MissBI_21 you have to use measure instead of 1, I just used that as an example.

New Measure = 
SUMX ( 
VALUES ( YourTable[Employee] ), 
IF ( CALCULATE ( MAX ( YourTable[Employee] ) ) IN { "X", "Y", "Z" }, [Some measure here],
[Existing UK Days Available Measure] )
)
)

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@MissBI_21 not sure but maybe something like this:

New Measure = 
SUMX ( 
VALUES ( YourTable[Employee] ), 
IF ( CALCULATE ( MAX ( YourTable[Employee] ) ) IN { "X", "Y", "Z" }, 1, 
[Existing UK Days Available Measure] )
)
)

Follow us on LinkedIn

Check my latest blog post The Power of Using Calculation Groups with Inactive Relationships (Part 1) (perytus.com) I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

It almost worked.. I have a filter on dates to only display the previous two months. With the measure you sent, for some reason, the table displays all months.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@MissBI_21 create another measure  and use it for visualization

New Measure = SUMX ( VALUES ( YourTable[Employee] ), [Existing UK Days Available Measure] )

Follow us on LinkedIn

This worked! Thank you so much! 

Out of the employees, if I wanted a particular employee to show a certain amount and the others to be calculated by the formula, do you know

how would I do that?

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@MissBI_21 This looks like a measure totals problem. Very common. See my post about it here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/DAX-Commands-and-Tips/Dealing-with-Measure-Totals/td-p/63376

Also, this Quick Measure, Measure Totals, The Final Word should get you what you need:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Quick-Measures-Gallery/Measure-Totals-The-Final-Word/m-p/547907

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.