Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MClipsham92
Frequent Visitor

Measure displayed in Clustered Column chart not changing with slicer

Hello All,

I'm wirting a report on some student performance figures on various different programmes. I have written the report with the full data set selected and then have put in a slicer on the first page to filter the entire report by the programme number. This is working perfectly for the majority of my visuals, however I have two Column charts which display the percentage of students that improved in Confidence etc. To display this I have a conditional column which says improved if a students score is higher at assessment point 2 than at assessment point 1 and 'did not improve' if not. I then have this measure to work out the percentage;

Percentage of Students that improved in Confidence Link Teacher = DIVIDE(CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Link Teacher'),'Link Teacher'[ Did student improve in Confidence]="Improved"),CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Link Teacher'),'Link Teacher'[ Did student improve in Confidence]<> BLANK()))

The issue I am getting is when I select a singular programme the value doesn't change. I noticed this when I selected a programme which had entirely blank records in the 'Link Teacher' table. All the other visuals in the report that work off this table come up as blank when filtered to this programme.

Many thanks,
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MClipsham92
Frequent Visitor

I have solved the issue I was having. What had happened was I'd introduced the slicer when I was half way through the report synced it up to page 6 which is where I was at with writing the report and then forgot to sync any pages after that.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MClipsham92
Frequent Visitor

I have solved the issue I was having. What had happened was I'd introduced the slicer when I was half way through the report synced it up to page 6 which is where I was at with writing the report and then forgot to sync any pages after that.

That's great. 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.