Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Measure disappears as soon as I try to create

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a measure in Power BI Desktop. As soon as I right click and create Measure, it appears for about 3 seconds in the Fields section, then PowerBI says "working on it", then it disappears. I've tried multiple times, shut down the project and reopened but it keeps happening. Any idea what's going on? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nevermind - figured it out! Just had to type something in the Measure box at the top. Whoops - been awhile since I used PowerBI!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Are you clicking outside our doing a tab out?

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, all I am doing is right clicking, clicing new measure, and then waiting.

It must be the project because I started a new project, tied it to the same spreadsheet (but without doing any data transformation), and I can create a measure doing the same thing. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually I take that back - when in the new project, when I click the measure, it disappears as well .

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nevermind - figured it out! Just had to type something in the Measure box at the top. Whoops - been awhile since I used PowerBI!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.