Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Migasuke
Super User
Super User

Measure creates Duplicate Rows

Hi Guys,

I have more question than a problem and I would like to understand one behavior I am facing.
1. I have very simple model as you can see:

Migasuke_0-1641427641647.png

2. I also create one very simple table in my report, combining info from all three tables. This result is correct, because SK has only one Delivery Company, which is PPL:

Migasuke_5-1641428362092.png

3. Problem appears when I create measure from Revene:
Suddenly I see all Delivery companies, eventhough SK has only one company.

Migasuke_6-1641428411496.png

I read the following solution:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Measure-is-creating-duplicate-rows-in-a-table/td-p/1381002

And I understand what seems to be the problem. Only ONE thing I do not understand - why is the behavior of table different if I use measure and if I just simple use my numeric column.
(In First cases I have only simple sum drag-drop from my fact table, in second I create a measure and suddenly I have duplicates.) Can anyone describe me the logic?

I would really appreciate it!!

If my answer was helpful please give me a Kudos or even accept as a Solution.

Let's connect on LinkedIn!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Migasuke ,

This is related to the filtering direction, you can set the filtering direction to be both.

If it is a Single direction, for example, A filters B in one direction, A can filter B, but B cannot filter A.

Here is the relevant link, I hope it will help you:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/transform-model/desktop-relationships-understand#cross-fil...

vyangliumsft_0-1641805994628.png

Result

vyangliumsft_1-1641805994631.png

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Migasuke ,

This is related to the filtering direction, you can set the filtering direction to be both.

If it is a Single direction, for example, A filters B in one direction, A can filter B, but B cannot filter A.

Here is the relevant link, I hope it will help you:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/transform-model/desktop-relationships-understand#cross-fil...

vyangliumsft_0-1641805994628.png

Result

vyangliumsft_1-1641805994631.png

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Migasuke , You should also use a dimension for delivery companies. Tables A and B have no join. And Delivery company from A is need as a group by.

I think in first visual it is first of last and in second it is group by .

If this does not help
Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Hi @amitchandak ,

in first visual it is not first/last. I basically create copy of the table and then just add Revenue = SUM([Revenue]). I have uploaded the file in case you want to check:

https://we.tl/t-XRxEW5W8WH

Thanks a lot for your help and curiosity.

If my answer was helpful please give me a Kudos or even accept as a Solution.

Let's connect on LinkedIn!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.