Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mloc1990
Helper I
Helper I

Measure calculates individual volumes correctly but the total is incorrect

Hi 

I am trying to create a measure that when nothing is selected the default total value is the Total Gross Exposure for all accounts in my Power BI report . The below measure calculates correctly when selecting individual accounts however the default value when nothing is selected is only the most recent days total volume instead of all gross exposure.

Thanks,

Max Gross Exposure = CALCULATE(SUM(underwritingndx[volume]),FILTER(underwritingndx,underwritingndx[authdate] > MAX(underwritingndx[maxexposurestartdate])))
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@mloc1990 try changing measure to

Max Gross Exposure = SUMX( VALUES( underwritingndx[Account] ),
CALCULATE(SUM(underwritingndx[volume]),FILTER(underwritingndx,underwritingndx[authdate] > MAX(underwritingndx[maxexposurestartdate]))))

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@mloc1990 try changing measure to

Max Gross Exposure = SUMX( VALUES( underwritingndx[Account] ),
CALCULATE(SUM(underwritingndx[volume]),FILTER(underwritingndx,underwritingndx[authdate] > MAX(underwritingndx[maxexposurestartdate]))))

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

@parry2k 

This looks to be exactly what I need thanks for your help! 

If I were to have another measure where the maxexposurestartdate was replaced with medexposurestartdate would it work like below? I was expecting a different amount but they both return the same total figure

Med Gross Exposure = SUMX( VALUES( underwritingndx[Account] ) ,
CALCULATE(SUM(underwritingndx[volume]),FILTER(underwritingndx,underwritingndx[authdate] > MAX(underwritingndx[medexposurestartdate]))))

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.