Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sonne
Helper II
Helper II

Measure as a filter

HI,

in PBI Desktop I visual level filters i can set. but this filter is not visable in Power BI ( after publishing).

Means i have to set the filter , but I want that the people deside by themself if they want to see the full data or only a part.

filter.pngin my excample i want create a filter for people to use  like "show items if values is greater than 100"

but as it is a measure, i can not use a slicer or put it on report filter.

is this possible at all?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I did not click on visualisation . now i can see Smiley Embarassed Thanks very much

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Sonne 

Yes, it is possible. Your filter is actually still there. You need to click on the visual for the visual level filters to appear. Generally, I I use one of these filters, I will provide training and documentation to my users and have occasionally posted a hover over reminder as a tool tip to remind them of how to access that particular filter. 

Also note, there are other methods of accomplishing this such as a switch measure with a slicer to determine the baseline filter. Those can be used with most types of data and work really well. See this blog for more information on that. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50929240/how-to-capture-slicer-value-by-dax-measure

Another good resource: https://powerpivotpro.com/2013/08/moving-averages-controlled-by-slicer/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

I did not click on visualisation . now i can see Smiley Embarassed Thanks very much

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.