Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

adithyananduri
Regular Visitor

Measure as a Hyperlink Help

Hi,

Is there a way to add a dynamic Hyperlink to a report? 

I am only able to use a calculated column to display a hyperlink. But the calculated column doesn't respond to user interactions (slicers).

I have something like this:

TargetURL = Concatenate("https://www.google.com/",FirstNonBlank(d_Categories[Category],1))

Please help!!

10 REPLIES 10
ruecj5
Advocate I
Advocate I

By nesting a VALUES function in your CONCATENATE you can create a measure that concatenates the URL and a value as determined by a slicer related to the column you place in VALUES.

An example would be:

Target URL = CONCATENATE("https://www.google.com/" ,VALUES(FirstNonBlank(d_Categories[category]))

As the slicer that has the data from FirstNonBlank(d_Categories[category] is used, the second part of the concatenation will change.

Hope this helps!

but it will not be a clickable hyperlink in the report if that is an requirement.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Yes, I need it to be a Hyperlink.

@adithyananduri as mentioned before, unfortunately you cannot, give vote to the idea which i sent previously

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

How many rows of data you have? Can you share sample data? May be can be done by creating calculated table. Share sample data in  excel file using dropbox/google drive.

I think i know what you are suggesting. The permutations and combinations would result in billions of rows for a calculated table. It is a huge data set. 

yea that is why i asked the size. so best best is to create that calculated field in your database and then you are good. for now i dont see any solution on powerbi side.

I have data coming in from 10 dimension tables that together form a URL. 

did that already 🙂

parry2k
Super User
Super User

Unfortunately you cannot change data category for a measure, here is an idea, vote for it.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/17040976-change-data-category-of-...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.