Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Krcmajster
Helper IV
Helper IV

Measure and table crossfiltering

Maybe my title is missleading, but I can't seem to find a solution. I have two visuals that need to work with each other. I can't create calculated columns as PowerBI is connect to AAS.

Capture.JPG

I have a table like below:

Type         Value

Type 1      2418

Type 2      2381

Type 3      41238...

The table is used for bar chart. I need to cluster these values to use in Dounut chart, so I used the following measures to cluster:

Cluster1=

CALCULATE(sum(Table[Value]),FILTER(Table, Table[Type] in {"Type 1", "Type 6", "Type 8"}))
I have a few similar measures for other 3 clusters ( as you can see on the pic)

Now, if I select any piece of bar chart all visuals (including dounut chart) are filtered. However if I select dounut chart, nothing is. Can anyway suggest another way to structure these measures so they all filter each other?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

when you click on Donut Chart, you are selecting a measure and there isn't a filter to propagate to the model and the the other visuals.

You would need Composite model, but this feature will be available (I think only for premium capacities) in the next months.

Sorry, but you have to modify AAS model adding a calculated column "cluster"

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

when you click on Donut Chart, you are selecting a measure and there isn't a filter to propagate to the model and the the other visuals.

You would need Composite model, but this feature will be available (I think only for premium capacities) in the next months.

Sorry, but you have to modify AAS model adding a calculated column "cluster"

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.