Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BlueSol
Frequent Visitor

Measure and KPI with Determined Column Data

I am new to this. Here is the best way I can describe what I am trying to do.

I want to use KPI and Guage Visualization and have the Target value based off a particular product.
I have a table With Dates, Machine type (Low, Med, high), Product names, and Values
I have two slicers. One for Machine Type and One for Product Names.
I have made a column to use as my target in the Guage and KPI - TargetProduct = SUMX (CALCULATETABLE('DataPPT', 'DataPPT'[Product Name]="TestProd"),[Values])

My issue is My TargetProduct only works if I have it ALSO selected in Slicer and then it Sums the two products for the guage.

I want the Sum of selected product and Target Value of TargetProduct to compare the two.

And with KPI I want to use TargetProduct as my Target Goal but run into same issue.

Any direction on how to do this properly would be apprciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BlueSol
Frequent Visitor

Seems it was easier for now to create another table with my baseline data and add the same two filters and use second data set as target values. second data set is copy of first.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @BlueSol,

Rather than creating a column to use as target value in the Guage and KPI, you could create a measure like below:

TargetProduct measure = SUMX (CALCULATETABLE('DataPPT', 'DataPPT'[Product Name]="TestProduct"),[Value])

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

By doing the second data set.  As my baseline changes it was easier for making a selection then creating a new measure each time.

BlueSol
Frequent Visitor

Seems it was easier for now to create another table with my baseline data and add the same two filters and use second data set as target values. second data set is copy of first.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.