Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Measure Returning no results - EV

Hello All

I currently have a few data sets, of which one in in period and one is cumalative, for example

| ID       |    Period                           |     Value     |    Type           |

| 01      |   PE08 - Nov 19           |     200         |      ACWP    |

| 01     |  PE09 - Dec 19             |     170          |      ACWP   |

| 02     |   PE10 - Jan 20             |    2000        |     c.ACWP   |

This dataset will hold multiple values across different periods for both types.

The in period measure calculate the SUM of the value for example;

BaseValue_Curr = SUM('Curr_Table'[Value]

The measure would use the value of the measure above where type = one of the selected types

In-Period Totals = CALCULATE([BaseValue_Curr], 'Curr_Table'[Type]="ACWP")

which returns the correct results, however when I try for cumalative values, it returns a blank column, and would look similar to this

Cumalative Totals = CALCULATE([BaseValue_Last], 'Cumalative_Table'[Type]="c.ACWP")

any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone that may stumble upon this. I forgot to mention in the previous post that the column "Type" was a conditional column created by looking at the period table and based upon the beggining, for example If column begins with FY it would equal ACWP, if started with a "c." then ACWP and a few other terms.

I resolved the issue as it wasn't until I went back with fresh eyes, that I removed the "c." from the beggining of the column (which had a relationship with Period table. 

I'm going to leave this post up in the hopes that thhis jogs peoples memories just to ensure we look at everything! 

Thanks so much for reading! 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone that may stumble upon this. I forgot to mention in the previous post that the column "Type" was a conditional column created by looking at the period table and based upon the beggining, for example If column begins with FY it would equal ACWP, if started with a "c." then ACWP and a few other terms.

I resolved the issue as it wasn't until I went back with fresh eyes, that I removed the "c." from the beggining of the column (which had a relationship with Period table. 

I'm going to leave this post up in the hopes that thhis jogs peoples memories just to ensure we look at everything! 

Thanks so much for reading! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.